Paws Animal Hospital

1950 Laurel Manor Dr. #230
The Villages, FL 32162



Health Certificates


Health Cert - Cat in Carrier in Car


Pet health certificates are required for pets traveling both domestically within the United States and internationally. We’re happy to assist you with your pet’s health certificate for travel.  Depending on your destination the associated paperwork can take several weeks to process. 

Start planning at least two months in advance. If rabies titers are required, i.e. Hawaii, etc, it is likely that you may need more time for planning and testing. Please check the requirements for both interstate and international travel at


What do I need to do to make travel plans for my pet?

If you’re traveling by car, you should carry your pet’s vaccine history, their most current rabies certificate, and depending on the state, a veterinarian issued pet health certificate that includes information about their most recent wellness exam.

If you’re planning to fly, most airlines require a health certificate.  Research the specific airline you plan to use. Some airlines have their own requirements while others defer to those issued by the destination state or country.

When you schedule your appointment, please let us know where and when you’re planning to travel, so we can properly address your needs. 

Interested in additional information?


Call us at (352) 259-2439 to request an appointment for your pet’s health certificate.



Schedule Appointment